Wednesday 2 August 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 - Day 2

It's day 2 of #RPGaDay 2017 - see the bottom of the posts for the blogging cues I will be following this month.

What is an RPG you would like to see published?

Now I'm not sure if this question means to ask about an RPG that doesn't exist now that I wish existed or one that exists but was never published? Either way, I think my answer will be the same.

I would love to be able to pick up a copy of a good RPG based on Frank Hebert's Dune.  Whether this is the Chronicles of the Imperium RPG by Last Unicorn that was never actually published for sale (shown at the left there) or something completely new, I really don't care.

Dune is my favourite sci-fi novel. Actually, it's my favourite novel overall. I love the universe that Herbert created and I think it would be an amazing place to play in.

Now I know there are systems out there that have tried to get a Dune feel. Warhammer 40K owes a lot of it's heritage to Dune and Fading Suns which I reviewed recently definitely pulls a lot from Hebert's work, but I want an officially licensed, based on the books themselves, RPG. 

There are some unofficial products out there like Jihad: Burning Sands for the Burning Wheel. There are probably others. I want something official. If I wanted a home brew I could make one myself. 


For those wishing to play along at home, here are the topics for this years #RPGaDay. Feel freet to use these cues in your tweets, facebook posts, g+ threads, blog posts and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment